Looking for 2006 Kia Sedona keyless entry remote programming? We have just the thing for you. In fact, we have more. This article provides you easy instructions to not only program the 2006 Kia Sedona entry remote but to program other Kia Sedona model remotes as well.
So, by the end of this article, you will learn to program the 2003-2017 Kia Sedona keyless entry remote. Let’s get into it…
Table of Contents
- 5 Steps For 2006 Kia Sedona Keyless Entry Remote Programming
- 3 Other Kia Sedona Keyless Entry Remote Programming
- 2003 & 2005 Kia Sedona Key Fob Programming
- 2017 Kia Sedona Key Fob Programming
- How do You Program a Keyless Remote for a 2006 Kia Sorento?
- How do I Reprogram my Kia Remote for Kia Optima?
- Can you program a Kia key fob yourself?
- Can you program a new key fob yourself?
- How much does it cost to program a Kia key fob?
- Can I bypass the antitheft system?
- To Conclude
5 Steps For 2006 Kia Sedona Keyless Entry Remote Programming
You are probably in quite a pickle if you need Kia Sedona keyless entry remote programming. But don’t worry. Take a deep breath and follow our instructions on the key fob for the 2006 Kia Sedona.
The two impressive things about our instructions are that the whole programming process will be completed in 5 easy steps. And our method is compatible with multiple models as well. So, basically with a single set of instructions, you can complete 2006-8 Kia Sedona key fob programming.
Impressive right? Now let’s take a look at the 5 easy steps to program the Kia Sedona entry remote without a key.
Step 1: Open The Hood
You have to open the hood of your Kia Sedona first. To do that, you will have to locate a lever. Sit on the driver’s seat and look at the bottom left corner. The lever will have a picture of the car hood on it.
Pull that lever and you should hear a thud instantly. Let the lever go. Now get out of the car and go in front of your vehicle. You will see that there is a gap beneath the hood. You have to put your hand in that gap and push the lid upward. And your Kia Sedona hood will be opened simply without any damage.
Step 2: Remove The Diagnostic Plug
Now you will have to locate the diagnostic plug of your vehicle. You will find it behind the battery of the engine. If you are having a problem locating the plug, look for it behind the driver’s side of the engine. Once you find the diagnostic plug, remove the cap that has “Diagnostic” written on it.
Step 3: Work With The Terminals
There are 3 jumper terminal rows in your Kia Sedona. The top row is supposed to have 4 terminals. And there are 8 terminals in the middle and the bottom rows. You have to connect the jumper wire between the middle row (terminal 12) and bottom row (terminal 16).
Step 4: Play Around With The Buttons
Now comes the part where you deal with different keys. Firstly, insert the key into the ignition and turn it to the “ON” position. Now press the “Lock” button on the remote 2 times. Then turn the ignition key “OFF” before removing the key from the ignition.
Step 5: Final Touch
You are almost done. Disconnect the jumper cable from the diagnostic connector and close the hood. Now it’s time to check if everything is okay. Press the “Lock” & “Unlock” buttons on the remote and see if it’s working fine.
If it does then you are done. You’ve successfully programmed 2006, 2007, 2008 Kia Sedona without a key. But what if you have a different model of Kia Sedona? Well, we have the answer for that as well.
3 Other Kia Sedona Keyless Entry Remote Programming
Programming your Kia Sedona entry remote isn’t complicated. And you have already seen how easy it is to program Kia Sedona remote without a key. However, if you have none of the models we discussed, then take a look at our following discussion.
You will surely find the solution to your problem here. Here we have covered: 2003-2017 Kia Sedona key fob programming. So let’s get started.
2003 & 2005 Kia Sedona Key Fob Programming
1. Find the DLC or the Data Link Connector. You will find it under the hood. Here you will make contact with the metal in both terminal 12 and terminal 8. You can use a bent paper clip to make the contact.
2. Put the key into the ignition and turn it “ON”
3. Continuously press the “LOCK” button on the remote 2 times. Wait for a second till you hear a buzzer. This indicates that the remote was accepted to memory.
4. Now get the ignition switch to the “OFF” position again. Make sure to remove the jumper wire from the DLC.
5. Your programming should be complete by now. Test the remote to ensure that the programming is perfect.
2017 Kia Sedona Key Fob Programming
Well, the 2017 Kia Sedona doesn’t support a programmable remote. However, it can be programmed by installing Smart Pro. In case you don’t know, smart pro is a vehicle key programmer. It provides an easy and fast programming solution.
This method is very convenient as well because of its graphical user interface. Here’s how to program the 2017 Kia Sedona via Smart Pro.
1. Make sure that the smart pro is perfectly installed.
2. Push the proximity system to “START”.
3. Select your vehicle model on the smart pro. (In this case, first, select “Kia”, then search “Sedona”)
4. After finding your model turn the ignition off when the instruction “Switch Ignition Off” flashes on the display.
5. Wait for a few moments and then select “Programme Prox Keys”. Press the go button.
6. Open and close the car door twice. It will wake up the car a bit.
7. Go to the “Keys Programmed” option displayed on the monitor of the Smart Pro. Now press “OK”.
8. Go back to “Program Prox Keys” and press “Play” located at the left bottom corner of the monitor.
9. Wait for the “All keys will be erased. Do you want to continue?” notification to pop up. There will be a “Yes” and “No” option. Press “Yes”. And that will be all.
After this step, you will get the option to install a new key or the older one that you are using. Use the pin code of the key you want to install and you are done. These were the proper method of perfectly programming 2003, 2005, and 2017 Kia Sedona remote.
How do You Program a Keyless Remote for a 2006 Kia Sorento?
To program a keyless remote for a 2006 Kia Sorento you have to,
- Put the key in the ignition and turn it “ON”
- Don’t start your car
- Hold the “LOCK” button for 3 seconds
- Wait for the light on the dash to go off
- Turn the key “OFF”
How do I Reprogram my Kia Remote for Kia Optima?
Here’s how to reprogram your Kia remote for Kia Optima,
- Sit inside the car and close all the doors
- Put the key in the ignition
- Turn it to “OFF” position and then turn it back to “ON” again
- Press the “Lock” and “Unlock” button on your programmable remote
- Turn the ignition key “OFF”
- If you have an additional remote, repeat this process with that one
Can you program a Kia key fob yourself?
Yes, you can program a Kia key fob all by yourself. And our discussion of this article shows you how you can do that quite easily.
Can you program a new key fob yourself?
Yes, you can program a new key fob all by yourself. To do this, you have to follow the manual of your car. However, if there is no such information in the manual, you can follow our instructions instead.
How much does it cost to program a Kia key fob?
If you want to program your Kia key fob with the help of a professional, it can cost you around $80-$100.
Can I bypass the antitheft system?
Yes, you can bypass the antitheft system by yourself.
2006 Kia Sedona keyless entry remote programming is not hard to do. But it is easy to mess up. This is why follow our easy instructions and program your Kia Sedona entry remote like a professional.
However, if you have any confusion you can let us know by leaving a comment below.