Our JASO FD 2 stroke oil list comprises our top five picks of 2T engine oils. These oils are from famous companies like AMSOIL, Genuine Scooter, Pro Select, STP, and Husqvarna. Keep reading this article to find out the specific oils that we’ll be the best for you.
We’ll also explain the JASO standardization system and the different JASO standards mean. Let’s dive in!
Table of Contents
What Is JASO M435 Standardization
JASO is short for the Japanese Automotive Standards Organization. JASO came up with their own qualification standard for engine oil called JASO M345. JASO M345 judges the performance of 2 stroke engine oils for engines that are made in Japan.
The accepted standard for measuring 2 stroke engine oils was API TC. This wasn’t a very good standard as it didn’t measure excess smoke and exhaust blockage. A better system was required and JASO came into action.
JASO started in 1994. Three standards were introduced – JASO FA, JASO FB, JASO FC. JASO FC was the highest standard and the best oil was selected in this category.
The JASO standards were revised in 2004 and JASO FD became the highest standard to judge engine oils. JASO FA standard has been discontinued since then and only JASO FB, JASO FC, and JASO FD remain.
JASO FA – It took into account factors like detergency, lubricity, exhaust smoke, initial torque, and exhaust system blocking.
JASO FB – It took into account the same factors as JASO FA but the requirements are higher than JASO FA.
JASO FC – JASO FC requires better detergency, exhaust system blocking, and exhaust smoke than JASO FB. The lubricity and torque requirements are either same or better in JASO FC.
JASO FD – JASO FD is very similar to JASO FC but this requires higher detergent.
JASO FD 2 Stroke Oil List [Top 5 2T Oils]
We’ll give you a list of all the JASO FD 2 stroke engine oils and the best five according to us. But before that, it’ll be helpful for you to understand what JASO M345 is and why it was required.
01. SABER Professional Synthetic 2-Stroke Oil
A quart of this oil costs around $15.59. This is a great oil that passes many standardization tests including JASO FD and ISO-L-EGD. Here are the most prominent features of this oil:
- Amazing cleanliness and lubrication
- It provides little to no smoke and delivers fewer emissions at 100:1
- Performs well at lean mix ratios
- Ensures easier starting by cleaning carbon deposits.
02. Genuine 2T Motor Oil
Genuine Scooter makes the Genuine 2T motor oil. This is also a good option. A quart of Genuine 2T motor oil will cost you around 10 to 12 bucks. Here are the features of this oil:
- Provides low smoke
- Meets the standards of JASO FD, ISO-L-EGD, and API TC
- You can also use it in 2-stroke golf carts, leaf blowers, chainsaws, etc.
03. PRO SELECT Cycle Synthetic Blend Engine Oil
16 ounces of the Pro Select oil will run you about $ 7.98. Here are the best qualities of this oil:
- It has an advanced fuel formulation that works well with all fuel ratios
- The emissions and exhaust smoke are reduced
- Improves the lubrication of the engine parts
- Meets and exceeds JASO FD and ISO EGD standardization tests
- Suitable for extended use
04. STP 50:1 Two-Cycle Oil
2.6 ounces of this STP oil costs around $3. The features of oil that stand out from the others are:
- It uses anti-wear technology to increase engine lubrication
- Cuts down the exhaust smoke
- It has antioxidants that prevent the oil from breaking down during hot weather
- Fuel remains stable even during infrequent usage
05. Husqvarna XP+ 2 Stroke Oil
You’ll get 2.6 ounces of Husqvarna XP+ 2.6 OZ 2 Cycle Oil for just under $4. Check out the specifications of this oil:
- It has a semi-synthetic oil base and it’s formulated with premium additives
- It has tested Verified Engine Formula (VEF) to ensure durability
- The oil passes the JASO FD certification
- Performs well with outdoor power equipment
Which One Should You Choose?
Those were our top five picks of JASO FD certified 2 stroke certified engine oils. They’re all good options. Go through the specifications and select which one is the best for you based on your requirements and the price.
What is the difference between JASO FC and JASO FD?
JASO FD is a better standard for oil. The oils must have greater detergent quality and better engine cleanliness to qualify for the JASO FD standard.
What does JASO FB mean?
JASO FB is a higher standard than JASO FA that requires better lubricity, initial torque, detergency, and exhaust system blocking. ISO Global Specification EGB is a similar standard to JASO FB.
What is ISO L EGD?
This is the same standard as JASO FC and FD but it also takes piston cleanliness into consideration.
What is FD 2-stroke oil?
The JASO FD standard is the highest standard of 2T engine oils according to the JASO system. FD 2-stroke oils have the best detergent quality compared to other engine oils.
Now you know about the top five oils in our Jaso FD 2 stroke oil list. We hope this guide has helped you better understand the JASO system. All the different standards like JASO FA, FB, FC, and FD have been explained.
Pick the best oil for you from the list by looking at their specifications. Let us know if you have any questions by leaving a comment below!
Note: You can also read the top 5 100% Synthetic oil brands.